AbbVie Live:Lab Community Guidelines
Welcome to Live:Lab’s online community, managed by AbbVie’s communications team. We use this community to share content specific to AbbVie UK’s Live:Lab project.
We welcome the opportunity to hear from you on any of our social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube). When we see mentions of and replies to @LiveLabUK we ask that you follow these Community Guidelines to ensure that we provide you with the best experience.
Please remember that we work in a highly regulated industry with unique legal considerations. We are not allowed to engage in sensitive topics or discussions about our products, other companies’ products or treatment options. These discussions are best held in private with a health care professional.
Because of these regulations, discussions need to be on-topic and constructive. For this reason, we may not be able to respond to mentions or replies that:
- Name our or other companies’ products;
- Offer health or medical advice;
- Include profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content, including images, videos and links;
- Are disparaging, threatening, condone violence or illegal behaviour;
- Contain personal information, like the names of individuals, email addresses, phone numbers, personal photos or videos;
- Contain proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information;
- Violate copyright or intellectual property;
- Are commercial in nature with an intent to sell products and services, or recruit fans and followers to other social communities;
- Contain information that is false, inaccurate or misleading
- Are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community (SPAM);
- Violate any AbbVie Sponsored Social Media Platform Terms. Please click below to read each platform’s Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware that followers who violate the above rules may be blocked from AbbVie’s social media channels, meaning the user would no longer be able to follow our news, comment on or share our posts.
Medical Side Effects
If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects from an AbbVie product, please consult your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional immediately. Adverse events should always be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to AbbVie on firstname.lastname@example.org
We suggest you avoid sharing specific information concerning your personal health on social media sites, and the Internet in general. Should you, however, decide to send us a private message in order to detail any side effects, we may need to contact you for more information, in which case we may request your name, email address and/or a phone number.
Using and storing personal identifying information
AbbVie will not disclose or share personal identifying information on its social media channels unless we have obtained proper consents. We do not store or use your unique ID, email or other personal identifying information. However, in the case of reporting an adverse event or product complaint, we will need to store and use personal identifying information, such as your name, location, health-related information or similar, in accordance with applicable laws. This information is required to be submitted to the AbbVie Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety department and/or regulatory authorities. We are also required to store your personal identifying information for auditing purposes.
In some instances AbbVie may choose to use third-party service providers to help us manage comments and messages, which means that they too would have access to any personal identifying information you share with us. Such third-party service providers are contractually bound and trained to ensure an adequate protection and security of your personal identifying information.
Please note that social media platforms that you contact us through will also have access to information you share with us. For more details please refer to:
Thanks again for joining the Live:Lab Online Community.